Openings for postdoc, graduate students (PhD, MS), visiting students and scholars, undergraduate students, and high-school students are available in the lab to work on projects in areas of immunotherapy of cancer and autoimmune diseases, immunoenginering, gene editing, nanomedicines/nanovaccines, and nucleic acid drugs. Animal work experience and other related research experiences are preferred.
Perspective postdocs and visiting graduate students, please send CV/Research Experience/Research Plan in one PDF file to email@example.com.
Perspective graduate students are welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and apply through VCU Department of Pharmaceutics or the newly launched Center for Pharmaceutical Engineering and Sciences.
- B.S., Biotechnology (Nankai University, 2008)
- Ph.D., Medical Science - Physiology and Pharmacology (University of Florida, 2013)
- Postdoc - Nanomedicine and bioimaging for cancer immunotherapy (National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB), NIH, 2018)
- (2018 - Present) Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- (2018 - Present) Associate member, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- (2019 - Present) Member, VCU Institute for Structural Biology, Drug Discovery and Development
Professional and Scholarly Interests
- Research interests: Nanomedicine and nanovaccine; ImmunoEngineering and ImmunoTheranostics; Nucleic acid therapeutics and probes; Cancer and immune disorders.
- Teaching pharmacy and pharmacoengineering courses
- Mentoring for students and postdoctoral trainees.
- My research interests lie at the interface of immune-oncology, nucleic acid therapeutics, nanomedicine, pharmacoengineering and pharmacoimaging. My current focus is to develop “off-the-shelf” nucleic acid nanomedicines to modulate the immune system to treat cancer, and to interrogate the immuno-nano interfaces by super-resolution imaging. My long-term goal is to implement immunotherapy to a broad population of patients. These interests often involve the following areas:
- ImmunoEngineering and ImmunoTheranostics
- Nucleic acid therapeutics and probes
- Nanomedicine and nanovaccine
- Cancer and immune disorders