Emily P Peron, PharmD, MS, BCPS, FASCP
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: Smith Building, Room 338
Phone: (804) 628-5059
Web: Research Website
I am a pharmacist, educator, and researcher with formal training in geriatrics and a growing interest in global health. My teaching, research, and clinical interests in the US and abroad include urinary incontinence, Parkinson Disease, and medication-related problems. I am also interested in the role of transgenerational engagement in affecting attitudes toward aging.
On the clinical side, I precept students and residents on the Geriatric Consult Service at VCU Health. This interprofessional team helps older adults transition into, through, and out of the health system safely. I also travel annually to Peru to work as part of an interprofessional team providing care to underserved communities.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 828-0343
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (Butler University, 2008)
- M.S., Clinical Research (University of Pittsburgh, 2012)
- PGY-1 Residency - Pharmacy (Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, 2009)
- PGY-2 Residency - Geriatric Pharmacy (Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, 2010)
- Fellowship - Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Research (University of Pittsburgh, 2012)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- (2012 - Present) Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Marcum ZA, Peron EP, Hanlon JT. Medication use in older adults. In: Newman AB, Cauley JA
(editors). The Epidemiology of Aging. New York: Springer Publishing Company. 2012:317-27.
- Slattum PW, Peron EP, Hill AM. Alzheimer’s Disease. In: DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR,
Wells BG, Posey LM. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, Ninth Edition. New York:
McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. 2014:817-33.