Emily P Peron, PharmD, MS, BCPS, FASCP
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: Smith Building, Room 338
Phone: (804) 628-5059
I am a pharmacist, educator, and researcher with formal training in geriatrics and a growing interest in global health. My teaching, research, and clinical interests in the US and abroad include urinary incontinence, Parkinson Disease, and medication-related problems. I am also interested in the impact of transgenerational engagement on attitudes toward aging.
On the clinical side, I precept students and residents on the Geriatric Consult Service at VCU Health, and I travel annually to Peru to work as part of an interprofessional team providing specialty care in underserved communities.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 828-0343
Area of Focus
- Global Health
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (Butler University, 2008)
- M.S., Clinical Research (University of Pittsburgh, 2012)
- PGY-1 Residency - Pharmacy (Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, 2009)
- PGY-2 Residency - Geriatric Pharmacy (Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, 2010)
- Fellowship - Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Research (University of Pittsburgh, 2012)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- (2012 - Present) Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Marcum ZA, Peron EP, Hanlon JT. Medication use in older adults. In: Newman AB, Cauley JA
(editors). The Epidemiology of Aging. New York: Springer Publishing Company. 2012:317-27.
- Slattum PW, Peron EP, Hill AM. Alzheimer’s Disease. In: DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR,
Wells BG, Posey LM. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, Ninth Edition. New York:
McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. 2014:817-33.
- Peron EP, Ogbonna KC. Medication Reviews in Older Adults. In: Stegemann S, ed. Developing Drug Products in an Aging Society: From Concept to Prescribing. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series. Switzerland: Springer; 2016.
- Slattum PW, Ogbonna KC, Peron EP. The Pharmacology of Aging. In: Fillit H, Rockwood K, Young J
(editors). Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Eighth Edition. Philadelphia,
PA: Elsevier, Inc; 2017.
- Peron EP, Slattum PW, Powers KE, Hobgood SE. Alzheimer Disease. In: DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee
GC, Matzke GR, Wells BG, Posey L (editors). Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, Tenth
Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2017.