Dave L Dixon, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, CDE, CLS, FNLA, FCCP, FACC
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: Smith Building, Room 444
Phone: (804) 628-3784
Dave L. Dixon is an Associate Professor in Ambulatory Care and Vice-Chair for Clinical Services in the Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science. He is also serving as the Interim Director of the School's Center for Pharmacy Practice Innovation. Dr. Dixon currently serves on the Board of Governors for the Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology and is a Southeast Regional Representative for the National Lipid Association. He serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Clinical Lipidology and the Cardiovascular Team Section of ACC.org for the American College of Cardiology. He is a Fellow of the National Lipid Association, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and American College of Cardiology. Dr. Dixon is a past recipient of the American Association of College of Pharmacy New Investigator Award (2015) and Innovations in Teaching Award (2014), and Outstanding Preceptor Award (2013) from VCU School of Pharmacy.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 828-0334
- Pharm.D., (Campbell University, 2006)
- PGY-1 Residency - Primary Care (Charles George VA Medical Center, 2007)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- (2016 - Present) Associate Professor, VCU School of Pharmacy
- (2015 - Present) Vice-Chair of Clinical Services, VCU School of Pharmacy
- (2012 - 2016) Assistant Professor, VCU School of Pharmacy
- (2007 - 2011) Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Lipid disorders
- Chronic heart failure
- Pharmacist-Physician Collaborative Practice Models
- Use of technology to improve chronic disease management
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Sisson EM, Dixon DL (2014). Pharmacotherapy for Glucose Management (Chapter 17). In: Mensing C, ed. The Art and Science of Diabetes Self- Management Education, Desk Reference, 3rd edition. Chicago: American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Dixon DL, Sisson EM (2014). Pharmacotherapy: Dyslipidemia and Hypertension (Chapter 18). In: Mensing C, ed. The Art and Science of Diabetes Self- Management Education, Desk Reference, 3rd edition. Chicago: American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Dixon DL (2016). Taking Medications. In: Miller D, ed. Diabetes Education Curriculum: A Guide to Successful Self-Management, 2nd edition. Chicago: American Association of Diabetes Educators.