Rollin "Ron" L. Ballentine, Pharm.D., CSCS
Assistant Director of Admissions and Student Services
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: Smith Building, Room 500c
Phone: (804) 828-3004
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 827-0002
Area of Focus
- Primary Care
- Smoking Cessation
- Pharm.D., Clinical Pharmacy (University of Michigan, 1973)
- B.S., Pharmacy (University of Cincinnati, 1971)
- Pharm.D., (University of Michigan, 1973)
- Pharmacy Residency - Hospital Pharmacy (University of Michigan, 1974)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- (1987 - Present) Associate Professor of Pharmacy, MCV/VCU School of Pharmacy
- (1985 - 1987) Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Houston
- (1981 - 1985) Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy (with tenure), University of Houston
- (1974 - 1981) Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Houston
- Recent Publications
- 1. Faw C, Ballentine R, Ballentine L, VanEys J. Unproved cancer remedies: A Survey of use in pediatric outpatients. Journal of the American Medical Association. 1977; 238:1536-1538.
2. Frick GA, Ballentine R, Driever CW, Kramer WG. Renal excretion kinetics of high-dose cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum (II) administered with hydration and mannitol diuresis. Cancer Treatment Reports. 1979; 63:13-16.
3. Dozier N, Ballentine R, Adams S, Okafor K. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and the management of associated opportunistic infections. Drug Intelligence and Clinical Pharmacy. 1983; 17:798-807.
4. Chang SL, Kramer WG, Feldman S, Ballentine R, Frankel LS. Bioavailability of allopurinol oral and rectal dosage forms. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy. 1981; 38:365-368.
5. Ballentine R, Primeaux J. Information on antineoplastic drugs for non-oncologist physicians. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 1977; 34:839-843.