Cosmin G. Boanca
Location: Smith Building, Room 335
Phone: (804) 628-7648
Cosmin specializes in the development and maintenance of web and database applications. He has over ten years of experience in the Information Technology area. Cosmin has a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Engineering from Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania.
School of Pharmacy - Dean's Office
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980581
Richmond, VA 23298-0581
- B.S., Information Engineering (Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania, 2001)
Professional and Scholarly Interests
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Recent Publications
- A biomedical sensor system for real-time monitoring of astronauts' physiological parameters during extra-vehicular activities.
Fei DY, Zhao X, Boanca C, Hughes E, Bai O, Merrell R, Rafiq A.
Comput Biol Med. 2010 Jul;40(7):635-42. doi: 10.1016/j.compbiomed.2010.05.001. Epub 2010 Jun 1.
- Design and implementation of a web-based system for intraoperative consultation.
Tamariz F, Merrell R, Popescu I, Onisor D, Flerov Y, Boanca C, Lavrentyev V, Rafiq A.
World J Surg. 2009 Mar;33(3):448-54. doi: 10.1007/s00268-008-9858-4.
- Objective assessment of training surgical skills using simulated tissue interface with real-time feedback.
Rafiq A, Tamariz F, Boanca C, Lavrentyev V, Merrell RC.
J Surg Educ. 2008 Jul-Aug;65(4):270-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2008.05.012.
- Remote video management for intraoperative consultation and surgical telepresence.
Boanca C, Rafiq A, Tamariz F, Lavrentyev V, Onisor D, Flerov E, Popescu I, Merrell RC.
Telemed J E Health. 2007 Oct;13(5):603-7.
- Telementoring versus on-site mentoring in virtual reality-based surgical training.
Panait L, Rafiq A, Tomulescu V, Boanca C, Popescu I, Carbonell A, Merrell RC.
Surg Endosc. 2006 Jan;20(1):113-8. Epub 2005 Oct 24.
- A user-centered framework for an electronic multimedia surgical information system in operating rooms. Rafiq A, Tamariz F, Boanca C, Zhao X, Fei DY, Lavrentyev V, Merrell RA. The Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare, 5:5-17, 2007.