Jean-Venable "Kelly" R. Goode, Pharm.D., BCPS, FAPhA, FCCP
Director of Community Pharmacy Practice and Residency Program
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: Smith Building, Room 648A
Phone: (804) 828-3865
Dr. Goode is a Professor, Department of Pharmacoytherapy and Outcomes Science, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). She is the Director of the VCU Community Pharmacy Practice Program and the VCU Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program. She worked for 10 years with Ukrop’s Pharmacy to develop enhanced patient care programs. Currently, Ukrop’s provides patient care programs in the areas of medication therapy management, wellness, immunization, pre-travel health, diabetes, osteoporosis, and smoking cessation.
Dr. Goode is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist. She has authored a number of abstracts, special publications, and journal articles. She is interested in practice-based research and is developing a formal Community Pharmacy Practice-based Research Network (PBRN) in Virginia. Dr. Goode has given presentations on a wide variety of topics including immunizations, practice-based research networks, medication therapy management, diabetes, asthma, and innovative community pharmacy practice.
Dr. Goode is a member of VPhA, APhA, AACP, ACCP, Phi Lambda Sigma, Rho Chi and Kappa Epsilon. Currently, she is an APhA Board of Trustees member. In 2005, Dr. Goode participated as a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy’s Practice-Based Research Network Advisory Council.
Dr. Goode was the recipient of the 1997 VSHP Practice Innovation Award, the 2003 VCU School of Pharmacy Teaching Excellence Award, the APhA-APPM Clinical/Pharmacotherapeutic Distinguished Achievement Award, the 2005 VCU Distinguished Service Award, the2008 APhA Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Excellence in Precepting Award. In 2009, Dr. Goode received the inaugural Community Pharmacy Faculty Award from the NACDS Foundation. She is an APhA-APPM Fellow and an ACCP Fellow.
Dr. Goode received her BS in Pharmacy and Doctor of Pharmacy from VCU in Richmond, Virginia. She also received a BS in Agricultural Economics from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 828-0343
Area of Focus
- Community pharmacy Practice
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (Virginia Commonwealth University, 1994)
- B.S., Pharmacy (Virginia Commonwealth University, 1989)
- B.S., Agricultural Economics (Virginia Tech, 1986)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- (2005 - Present) Director, Community Pharmacy Practice Program, Virginia Commonwealth University
- (2003 - Present) Director, Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program, Virginia Commonwealth University
- (2001 - Present) Associate Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- (1996 - 2001) Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- (1994 - 1996) Clinical Instructor, Virginia Commonwealth University
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Goode JR, Roman L, Weitzel KW, eds. Community Pharmacy Practice Case Studies. American Pharmacists Association 2009.