School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 828-0343
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Cheang KI. Pharmacogenetics in the Clinic. In: Biopharmaceutical Drug Design and Development. (Wu-Pong S, Rojanasakal Y, eds.), 2nd Edition, Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 2007.
- Cheang KI, Nestler JE. Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome. In: Androgen Excess Disorders in Women: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Other Disorders (Azziz R, Nestler JE, Dewailly D, eds.), 2nd Edition, Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, Chapter 38 pp 421-434, 2006.
- Recent Publications
- Cheang KI, Ott C, Garner S, Campbell H, Hansen L, Ma Q, Nazeri E, Gunning K, Wermeling D. ACCP White Paper: Research in Women and Special Populations. Accepted for publication in Pharmacotherapy
- Cheang KI, Sharma ST, Nestler JE. Is metformin a primary ovulatory agent in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome? Gynecol Endocrinol. 2006;22(11):595-604.
- Fagan SC, Touchette D, Smith JA, Sowinski LM, Dolovich L, Olson KL, Cheang KI, Kolesar JM, Crismon ML. The state of science and research in clinical pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2006;26: 1027-1040.
- Cheang KI, Essah PA, Nestler JE. A paradox: the roles of inositolphosphoglycans in mediating insulin sensitivity and hyperandrogenism in the polycystic ovary syndrome. Hormones 2004;3:244-251
- Essah PA, Cheang KI, Nestler JE. The pathophysiology of miscarriage in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Review and proposed hypothesis of mechanisms involved. Hormones 2004;3:221-227
- Monien, BH, Cheang KI, Desai UR. Mechanism of poly(acrylic acid) acceleration of antithrombin inhibition of thrombin: implications for the design of novel heparin mimics. J Med Chem 2005;48(16):5360-8
- Terry CM, Kling SJ, Cheang KI, Hoidal JR, Rodgers GM. Polymorphisms in the 5’-UTR of the tissue factor gene are associated with altered expression in human endothelial cells. J Thromb Haemost 2004; 2:1351-1358
- Cheang KI. Effect of Learner-Centered Teaching on Motivation and Learning Strategies in a Third-Year Pharmacotherapy Course. In press, Am J Pharm Educ
- Cheang KI, Huszar JM, Best AM, Sharma S, Essah PA, Neslter JE. Long-term effect of metformin on metabolic parameters in the polycystic ovary syndrome. In press, Diab Vasc Dis Res
- Cheang KI, Futterweit W, Nestler JE. Risk of cardiovascular events in mothers of women with the polycystic ovary syndrome. Endocrine Practice 2008; 14: 1084-1094
- Salley KES, Wickham EP, Cheang KI, Essah PA, Karjane NW, Nestler JE. Position Statement: Glucose Intolerance in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome—A Position Statement of the Androgen Excess Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007; 92:4546-4556.