Thomas P. Reinders, Pharm.D.
Dr. Thomas Reinders joined the faculty of the VCU School of Pharmacy in 1974. In addition to his tenured faculty responsibilities, he held a variety of administrative positions, including associate dean for admissions and student services. During his tenure as director of pharmacy at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, six specialized pharmacy residency programs were established, and 108 pharmacists completed an accredited residency program under his direction. He received a bachelor of science in pharmacy and a doctor of pharmacy degree from the University of Cincinnati. Also, he completed pharmacy residency programs at the Children’s Hospital and U.S. Veterans Administration Hospital in Cincinnati. Dr. Reinders has more than 25 years of volunteer service with the United States Pharmacopeia, where he chaired the Panel on Pharmacy Practice and the Expert Committee on Nomenclature, Safety and Labeling. He has served as a member of the FDA Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee and as director of several not-for-profit organization boards. Dr. Reinders is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Bowl of Hygeia Award for Outstanding Community Service, the VCU Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching, the University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy Distinguished Alumnus Award, the ASHP Award for Achievement in the Practice of Hospital Pharmacy on two occasions, the APhA Distinguished Achievement Award in Administrative Practice and the APhA Gloria Francke Leadership Mentor Award. He has been honored as Pharmacist of the Year by the Virginia Pharmacists Association and Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and he is a fellow of the APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice.
- B.S., Pharmacy (University of Cincinnati, 1970)
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (University of Cincinnati, 1972)
- Residency - Pharmacy Practice (Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1971)
- Residency - Pharmacy Practice (U.S. Veterans Administration Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1972)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- 1972-1974. Pharmacist, Appalachian Regional Hospitals, South Williamson, KY
- 1974-Present. Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, VCU School of Pharmacy
- 1984-1996. Director of Pharmacy, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals
- 1989-1996. Assistant Dean for Clinical Affiliations, VCU School of Pharmacy
- (1996 - 2016) Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Services, VCU School of Pharmacy
- (2016 - Present) Professor Emeritus, VCU School of Pharmacy
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Recent Publications
- Reinders, T.P. THE PHARMACY PROFESSIONAL'S GUIDE TO RESUMES, CVs AND INTERVIEWING, 4th Ed., American Pharmacists Association, Washington, D.C. 2017.