Kenneth H. Brasfield, Pharm.D.
Dr. Brasfield has 30 years experience as a consultant in clinical psychopharmacology. His office is located at Western State Hospital in Staunton, VA where he is their Consultant in Clinical Psychopharmacology. He obtained his B.S. degree in pharmacy and Pharm.D. from Mercer University. Dr. Brasfield completed a 2-year post doctoral residency in psychiatric pharmacy and achieved Board Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist status from the Board of Pharmaceutical Examiners.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (540) 332-8065
- B.S., Pharmacy (Mercer University, 1976)
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (Mercer Universtiy, 1978)
- M.P.H., (, )
- BCPS, Psychiatry (, 1996)
- Residency - Clinical Psychiatric Pharmacy (University of Kentucky, 1981)
Academic Appointments/Professional Experience
- 4/1/01 - Present. Consultant, Clinicla Psychopharmacology, Western State Hospital, Staunton, VA
- 8/1/88 - Present. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Psychiatric Medicine, School of Medicine, UVA
- 4/1/01 - Present. Consultant, Clinical Psycopharmacology, Central Virginia Training Center, Lynchgburg, VA
- 8/1/88 - 4/1/01. Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator, Western State Hospital, Staunton, VA
- 8/1/88 - Present. Assistant Professor, VCU School of Pharmacy
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Recent Publications
- Brasfield KH, Holliday W, Powers B. Grand Mal Seizures Induced by Maprotiline. Am J Psychiatry. 139:5, May 1982.
- Brasfield KH. A Comparison between Lithium Levels in Saliva and Serum: Predicting Lithium Serum Levels from Lithium Saliva Levels. Current Research Bulletin, Georgia Department of Human Resources, June 1976.
- Brasfield KH. Practical Psychopharmacological Considerations in Depression. Nursing Clinics of North America, 26:3, pp.651-663, September 1991.
- Brasfield KH, Pilot Study of Divalproex Sodium Verses Valproic Acid: Drug Acquisition Costs Verses All Related Costs. Current Therapeutic Research. 60:3, 138-144, March 1999.
- Brasfield KH, Saathoff GB, Holstege CP: Crisis Guide to Psychotropic Drugs and Poisons, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2008